Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Farcehammer 40k

Today I walked into Battle for Salvation getting ready to play an 1850 game against Will with my Space Wolves.  Trying to imagine what horrors he had waiting for me I put my things down and set up a table.  We rolled for everything, The Relic, Hammer and Anvil, table sides, and who goes first.  I get first turn, right as I put my hand on my Land Raider, my friend James stops me to tell me to spotlight his vile Bloodthirster, since it was night fight.  Then my friend Simon comes over to watch us play, while this is happening through unknown events I was relinquished of my command.  Simon was controlling my heavy support and James was controlling my troops.

This was my list at 1849:


1x Rune Priest 130
Wolf Tooth Necklace
Runic Armor
Divination

Arjac Rockfist 188
Wolf Tooth Necklace
14x Blood Claws 210
Land Raider Crusader 260
Multi Melta 10

1x Wolf Guard 43
Combi Melta 5
Frost Blade 20
9x Grey Hunters 140
1x Meltagun 5
Rhino 35

1x Wolf Guard 43
Combi Melta 5
Frost Blade 20
9x Grey Hunters 140
1x Meltagun 5
Rhino 35

10x Grey Hunters 160
2x Plasma Guns 10
Rhino 35

1x Squad Leader 140
5x Long Fangs
Missile Launchers 10
1x Squad Leader 140
5x Long Fangs
Missile Launchers 10
Razorback  40  Twin Linked Las Cannon 35      75
Razorback  40  Twin Linked Las Cannon 35      75


Turn 1 ALL of my Long Fangs fired at the Bloodthirster and killed it out right, after being light up by searchlights.


After that, Will's Obliterators tried to get revenge on my Wolves, and whiffed.


Now here is the surprise twist, the whole time while my friends took the fight to Will I was snapping shots of everything.  When Turn 2 rolled around and the Helldrakes came flying in like bats....from hell my friends turned tale and left.  Leaving me to finish the game.



 During this turn Will destroyed both my Rhinos on the bridge with a hail of gunfire from the Obliterators.  Thats when the Helldrakes struck, turning all of those Grey Hunters into burnt toast.


Grey Hunters wait for a glorious death.


 After that my Blood Claws leapt out of my Land Raider with Arjac Rockfist leading the charge.  Which turned the bridge into a killing field.
The zombies shamble onwards
into the fray.




After this giant combat that lasted 2 turns my Blood Claws were all spent up and Arjac was the lone survivor.  I had nothing left so I called it quits, we played Star Fluxx until our time was up.

Here are the rest of the photos I posted.



 Typhus mercilessly turns this human into a follower of Nurgle.
Blood Claws go in for the kill!

-Ralph

2 comments: