Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Work in Progress...

Yesterday  I started to paint Arjac Rockfist.  It was the first finecast model I ever owned and I gotta say its a bad one.  There were a lot of imperfections on this model but I cleaned it up the best I could and I let it sit on my desk for weeks.  Now I started to paint him because he is such a great upgrade character.

 I first started off with a 50/50 mix of Shadow Grey and Space Wolves Grey over a black undercoat.
 Then I used Asurmen Blue wash and washed all the armor.  When that was dried I dry brushed the 50/50 mix over that.

All the yellow was then painted with Iyanden Darksun, then washed the Gryphonne Sepia.  A layer of Golden Yellow was applied over the washed areas.

This is where I got lazy and didn't take pictures of ever step, so I'll walk you through it.
 The gold was a layer of Army Painter Weapon Bronze, Greedy Gold, and a wash of Brown Ink.
The metal areas were painted with Boltgun Metal, Badab Black, and Platemail Metal.
The skin tone is Tallarn Flesh with a Ogryn Flesh wash.  I still need to highlight the face with Dwarf Flesh and Elf Flesh.  Bestial Brown was then applied to all the areas which are bones, bleached bone was painted over.  Then a liberal wash of Dark Tone was added.


Hope you guys like it, more pictures are on the way!

-Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment